Malanga Ginger Cookies
Malanga Flour Ginger Cookies
These are a favorite around Christmas time. So much ginger goodness.
Author: POW! Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Gluten Free
Kid approved: yes
2 1/2 POW! Malanga Flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon ground ginger (you can substitute grated fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup Coconut oil solid
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/3 cup for coating
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350◦F. Grease two baking sheets.
Mix dry ingredients; set aside.
In a separate bowl cream butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and egg.
Gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined.
Wrap in plastic, and refriderate for 20 minutes.
Divide dough into twelve 2-inch balls. Place remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar in a bowl. Roll balls in sugar to coat; place at least 4 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten into 3-inch rounds. Sprinkle with sugar remaining in bowl.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes.